516 ARTS is now accepting submissions for the 2024 grant cycle. Deadline 11:59 pm, December 20, 2023
The Fulcrum Fund makes award grants ranging in amounts of $2,000 to $10,000 totaling $60,000 to support the development and presentation of independent, artist-led projects and programs. Examples of funded projects are new exhibitions or exhibition series, the ongoing work of an experimental arts venue or collective, public art projects, one-time events and performances, publications directly related to the visual arts, online projects, artist residencies and film festivals, to name a few. The Fulcrum Fund serves as an essential support structure to enable artists to expand existing work and explore new directions in creating and showcasing projects that inspire curiosity, engagement and dialogue. It is intended to be a springboard for artistic processes that are experimental and forward thinking, while celebrating projects that may not fit into the traditional museum and gallery systems.
- Applicants must live and work in New Mexico
- Lead artists do not need to be US citizens, but must have a social security number in order to accept the funds.
- Proposed projects must function primarily within the context of visual art. Artists whose practices are firmly rooted in dance, theatre, music, or industry/feature filmmaking are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must stage a public-facing event that can be experienced or accessed by the general public. There are many forms such an event can take, but please read the FAQ and learn about previous recipients here.
- NOT eligible are emergency relief requests, 501(c)3 non-profit organizations, commercial businesses and students currently enrolled in an educational institution during the granting period.
- Open Call Deadline: December 20, 2023
- Jurors to make final selections: Saturday, February 17, 2024
- Announcement: Early March
Email Kevin Paul, Fulcrum Fund Program Manager (email@example.com) or call 505-242-1445